My Social Life :)

7/12/12

My fears and defeating them!

I have so many fears in life it is absolutely ridiculous! I also know I am not the only person that does, so I thought this might be some encouragement for others...

Okay, So I am the type of person that can NOT do anything alone. I will not go shopping alone, I cant go through a drive- thru unless someone else is driving, I mean I really have some issues! I am incredibly shy and I have a hard time talking to people. 
Today I had to do something I really didn't want to do, but at the same time I did... haha I will explain....

Well today I got to meet Tico & Tina and their crew! They are on the Blank Canvas Tour right now and they stopped here in Wisconsin to do some interviews, and I was nominated by my wonderful friend Julie from The Funny Thing of it is. Well Julie asked me and my heart sank because I knew I was going to be recorded and of course had to talk to people I only know from blogging. At the same time I was really excited because they are from one of my VERY favorite blogs! How could I miss the chance!!?! Well also it was for a really good reason, to encourage others to live their dreams and to push through anything! 

So I basically prayed my way through it, I was nervous and had no idea what to say, but I did it! And I give ALL the glory to God for helping me get through it and have me meet some amazing people of God. I couldn't be more thankful! God gave me courage and words to speak today.
------------------------------------


This picture was dawn by thee awesome Randal! It really means a lot to me, and its pretty crazy that every time I look at it, I just keep believing harder for my business! It makes me think that I will make it and this is what God wants for my life. It is a great inspiration for me, and where better to put it rather than on my order board on my desk!??! P.S... I didn't even put holes through it with the tacks, it means that much to me ;)

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for coming and actually making a difference in my life. Thanks for pulling me out of my shell!
P.S. Sorry for my awkwardness and me talking in circles... I do that when I am nervous. Now I can work on fixing that! haha! <3 <3



4 comments:

  1. oh my word, Kayla, this is such a sweet post! you really, really encouraged US! I seriously don't think you give yourself enough credit. we loved meeting you guys - you are such a cute and fun couple - I very much hope we can hang out again sometime!!! until then we will enjoy following your journey here =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed having you come here! It was really nice, and yes of course! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. It was so fun to meet and connect with you! Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone. I'm so, so glad to hear that we were able to encourage and maybe help you out a little. But seriously, you were great and I loved hearing your story! As you could probably tell, we're not exactly pros at this yet either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice meeting all of you!! It truly made my day and just got me more excited about my adventure making cards! Thanks!

      Delete